Skip to main content

Untitled

Rupsha always had the final say. No matter what Sohail wrote, she had to edit. Just had to. Sohail was a brilliant author, he could paint with words. He could tickle, provoke,  incite and excite with his pen but he was too casual with construction and punctuation.. Rupsha knew that after was done with it,  it was a perfect piece. She knew Sohail wrote for her,  he always had, for the last 6 years she was all he wrote for... Sometimes explicitly, sometimes subtly but the objective was always a nod of approval from her.
Sohail loved that look,  curly hair,  kohl laden eyes and that smile which meant the world to him....
Sohail wrote something today... Rupsha wasn't there to edit anymore... Rupsha saw it on Facebook.... She went through it... It had so many errors... Yet it struck the heart, just as it always did.... But she knew she couldn't correct him anymore,  the mistakes were too personal... She had lost the right...
Sohail still wrote... Now for himself... He just didn't realise that couldn't write so well anymore... A part within had died... A part within had given up on the softer side of literature... The part that sulked all day... The part though tiny would sulk always...

The sun rays of this very dawn....
strikes a heart cord right upon....
like a wild bird trapped in the dark of cave
fluttering fast , in the quest of light ...Intoxicated and rave...
The water frets the water flows
the heart is young , passion grows
the earth in its feverish mood... Shivers on as snow flakes brood...
The foaming sea , the fiery waves..
Cries out lot as if bereaved...
In the state of fanatic quest
searching on and on...
For the exit door at least , the world he knocks upon...
Confronting Him he asks aloud what he has for heart..With what he ties the world apart... How the end would start...
Breaking chains..Breaking hearts... Make the most at will...
With each blow harder and harder on ..Its bound to dent the steel...
Let the heart decide for now...
Let the free will reign...
Fear and darkness flee tonight...
As desires jump the brain..
Sympathy thou shall swell and flow...
Prison cells will break...
I shall flood the world and sing
reveries of day break...
With open hair, I pick up buds...
My rainbow wings spread on dreams... 
I shall giggle with all my heart amidst warm sun beams..
I shall jump from hill to hill..
I shall steal from earth... I shall clap with every beat and sing in joy and mirth...
So many words , so many songs, so much life so pure...
So much joy, desires , mirth...Life shall rise for sure...
I still dont know, why the swell...
Why is life so dear...
Is it him, whose song rings loud.. His melody do I hear?
Why do shackles ring again... Why prison bar...
Break break break free tonight.. Let the door ajar...
Did the bird chirp today , did they sing at morn...
Did the sun shine at all...
Did it come, the Dawn?
This was the last piece...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beche Thakar Gaan

A Different Feel by Osibek Pal on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 2:50pm  To, Manimanjari Sengupta THIS IS NOT A TRANSLATION OR AN INTERPRETATION OF THE SONG, ITS THE ENGLISH VERSION , OF " BECHE THAKAR GAAN" ORIGINAL VERSION BY ANUPAM ROY, WRITTEN IN THE SAME THEME, HOWEVER THERE ARE SOME OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES IN THOUGHT, FOR THE SAKE OF RHYME SCHEME, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE THIS VERSION...   Force me to forget a paintbrush..  And learn just light and dark..   Remember ,I wont comply...  Wont Pragmatise life, if you ask...     Banish me from your life's tell tale...  I wouldn't complain.... But ask me to justify my love...   I wouldn't , not if I am slain..     Cause, I have seen it all, known it all...  Quick sand, is not just for the beaches...  It has drained life, breath, blood and love,  let alone petty riches..     Cause, I have seen it all, known it all, tired dreams, losing rest,   In search of passion, my sleepy quest.  And yet, on my moi

Kicked By A Ketone....

ITS AS BLEAK AS THAT>>>> Ketones are driving me mad...Seriously...I have already spend 2 hours trying to get something in my thick head about the mechanisms of the Canizzaro rxn, but sadly my head refuses to absorb... Its been a long struggle since I woke up at 9 , to try and understand the basic details of this organics species ...And the struggle seems to get more and more hectic with each passing hour... I was so disgusted that I sat down blogging...trying to vent out some of the frustration.... Alcohols had been quite easy to digest , but somehow this chapter seems too dense to diffuse in... I am not yet very well aware of what dissolves a Ketone but I need to find it out soon enough , or else I see a dark road ahead.... There a doom looming over my afternoon activities, for it seems that this family of organic compounds is going feast on my free time... I sure need to get down into some serious business of try

Literature-- A LIVING LECTURE OF LIFE!!!

Well this is not in preparation, but rather as a curriculum of imagination, where every antagonistic thought begins as a rebel and ends up being a martyr. Humanity is the top most rung of the food chain, not just because of the 5 pound lump in the temple, but because man kind has been able to decode the basic aspects of progression in systematic steps, and approached an ideological and in genuine method of passing on knowledge from generations to generations. Literature is the projection of the human thoughts on paper, a method adopted to prevent oblivion of amenities and acumen gathered in a lifetime. Sometimes it is significant and sometimes obscure. A world would surely be a better place without literature, for without literature there won’t be The Gita or The Koran, without literature there will be no Bible and without literature there will be no definition of God. We all be in the same place, having the same ideas and even if they are differ